I haven’t been updating this website as frequently as I have hoped to. But those who follow me on twitter or linkedin, would know that I have been writing regularly, with all of it being published on other websites or publishing platforms.
Here are links to some recent writings of mine, in order of recency.
- Reflections on one year in venture capital – I completed a year at Blume Ventures, an early stage investment firm; I look back at the Indian VC space, warts and all in this piece. An abbreviated version of the same was published in Quartz.
- I wrote for the Times of India about how first names convey social status and even class capital amongst middle castes in India today. Link.
- Thoughts on the Future of Work – essentially Blume Ventures’ investment thesis for this sector, which I wrote in 2 parts (Part III soon!) Here is Part I and here is Part II. These are a tad long, so if you want a faster read, here is a summary of the same that I wrote for Quartz.
- Why Blume Ventures invested in Procol – a startup that helps big box retailers and big food cos buy agricommodities cheaper and efficiently. Link.
- The 3 ways of paying for content online, and the new business models emerging around them. Link.
- What I found fascinating about the Netflix series ‘Made in Heaven’. Link.
- Swiggy’s proposed acquisition of Uber Eats (which finally fell through) and what it told us about ‘Threat Capital’. Link.